Wednesday, April 10, 2019

28A - Your Exit Strategy

1.) I do plan on selling my business in the future, most likely in 10, not 5, years. Once this business takes off, it will become large enough to sell to a larger technology company in which I can profit and still have shares of the company. I want to become a sports agent down the road and owning this product may not be the best look one day.

2.) I have selected this strategy to protect my future profession and to create enough time for myself to succeed one day. Marketing my product and maintaining the website will be very time consuming and will get in the way of wanting to become an agent. Once I establish enough relationships with athletes and acquire them as clients, I will no longer need the website for increasing revenue as an agent.

3.) I think that recognizing that I will only own this product for a short time will make this product's goals much more short-term than it could be. This places an even heavier emphasis on marketing and advertising the product soon and getting companies on board. I also have been able to more clearly define my target market given the time period I have to operate.

No comments:

Post a Comment