Wednesday, April 10, 2019

26A - Celebrating Failure


1.) I had a horrible experience with my first business law exam. I waited until the last 3 days to study for the exam and only read the smokin notes rather than watching lectures and taking notes. I even found a way to stall enough so I couldn't do any of the 300+ practice problems that come along with the professor's recommended study material. As a result, I didn't know what type of questions were going to be asked in a class that I couldn't afford to do poorly in. As a result, I received a very low grade on the test.

2.) This was definitely a learning lesson for me. Business law was a class I was confident going in to, however, it did not turn out so well. This ended up being the lowest grade I received on any exam in any class so far. I learned that even if I'm confident going to a class I need to work out, learn as much material as possible, and practice that material to enable future success. 

3.) Failure is undeniably a hard pill to swallow. It shows weakness and portrays a time when you attempted to do something and subsequently failed at that thing. It renders negative emotions and makes one feel awful about themselves. However, it is a great learning moment and can allow a person to reflect on themselves and dig deeper and try harder to accomplish their previous goal. This class hasn't necessarily changed my perspective on failure, but it has reassured me that many people fail and fail quite often. What matters is that you don't give up and you try to improve on your previous failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment