Wednesday, March 13, 2019

18A - Create a Customer Avatar

There are two prototypical avatars that I have for my business idea.

The first is a sports agent. I imagine him/her to be a 30-year-old who is a very hard worker. They have a young family, live in a nice house and make 6 figures a year. They have a business and law background and have experiences working in sports. They enjoy staying in shape, browsing social media, and spending time with their family. They love comedies and action films but are very critical of them due to their law background. They enjoy great political leaders who aren't afraid to speak their mind.




The second is a young athlete. This person is in their college years trying to make it to the pros. They are in love with their respective sport and are striving to make it one day. They are currently not making money but are studying sports management in case they don't make it to the league/ to prepare themselves for another profession once they retire. They love hanging out with friends, going out to eat and going to the beach in their spare time. When away from school, they still live with their parents.

(I was having trouble making a second avatar, it kept reverting back to the first one.)


I have a lot in common with the sports agent. It is what I want to do in life and it also seems to be a very likely destination for myself as well. I think because I happen to be designing a product in a field that I want to do, that it makes sense for this person to be like myself.

1 comment:

  1. Andy,

    Thank you for sharing your avatars. After reading this post and reviewing your previous material, I have a better understanding of what your idea is about and how does everything fit together. I think presenting the “two sides” of your business was a good decision, as your need both to make your service a reality. If I understand correctly, you would be dealing with two different types of users, one of them being paying customers, and the other actually being your “products”. While dealing with two “fronts” would be more challenging to manage, there are many startups and successful businesses with similar models. Thanks for sharing and great job describing your customers.

    ReplyDelete